On November 3, 1972, Mr. George Baillie bought the company after the death of Doug Turner. He reorganized the company to pursue the custom built machinery market and renamed it Turner Machine Company.
The relationship with the Bliss company peaked in the early 1980s when Turner Machine became a significant subcontractor in the making of the Bliss Mackintosh-Hemphill brand of tube straightening machinery. In 1985, Turner purchased the Mackintosh-Hemphill tube straightening product line from E.W. Bliss. The Mackintosh-Hemphill range of machines has, itself, a long history and takes its name from the Pennsylvania company who first started making straightening machines in the 1940s. Turner continues to give service and support with rolls and spare parts to this brand with about 1500 operational machines which are still in use with metal tube making companies.
In 1985, Turner was acquired by the Electric Furnace Company (EFCO) and was relocated to the EFCO industrial complex bounded by West Wilson and Prospect Streets.
With a desire to add further types of straightening machinery to its range, in 1995 Turner purchased the product lines of Wyko Equipments Ltd. England. With this acquisition, Turner was able to offer bar straightening machines and computer-controlled 10-roll precision tube machinery. In 2003, the assets of Turner were purchased from EFCO by a management team. Since 2003, the company has moved into a new era, constantly working to maintain our position as a world leader in straightening technology and maintaining strong relationships within the local Salem community and surrounding industry.